Monday, April 9, 2018

Review of Can Somebody Please Scratch my Back? by Jory John

Dear Readers:
I love how I have started to review books with my daughter Olivia. We have found some gems together! Thanks so much to Penguin to providing this book for review. This fact does not change my rating or my review.

35580406
Goodreads Description: Persnickety Elephant has an itch--a big one--and he can't reach it! While he isn't above asking for a little help, no one is up to the task. Turtle is too lazy, Snail is too slimy, and Alligator... well, Elephant isn't sure he wants his assistance. Does Elephant have to do everything himself?

My Rating: 4 couches

My Review: Can Somebody Please Scratch My Back? by Jory John and illustrated by Liz Climo is a super cute book about an elephant who can't scratch his back. He asks a lot of animal friends whether or not they can help him scratch and almost all are not helpful. But finally he meets one animal who helps him through his issue! The pictures are simple but clean and effective. The book's humor is good for both toddler and parent as there are some nuances only older people will get, but there's enough for toddlers to enjoy as well. The end is hilarious and I couldn't help but chuckle out loud. A fun read! My toddler has demanded to read this book every night for the past 3 nights, which is a good indication it's a keeper.

My toddler's review: I liked the porcupine the best, he was so funny. And the sloth was SO SLOW!


***

If you have little ones, this is a winner, pick it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment